Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fire Proof Home

Fireproof Home

Fire is friendly when used with utmost care but it is often destructive when not handled properly. A combination of oxygen, heat and fuel is required to ignite a flame. Fire gathers oxygen from the air around it; and the more oxygen the fire gathers, the fiercer it becomes. A fire needs fuel to grow. Fuel is an object that burns. Heat is the required temperature to ignite the fuel into flames.
How a Fire StartsThere are a number of reasons that can start the fire, Radiation: When the heat is transferred to the fuel through heat waves and rays, these waves warm the fuel; and when the fuel gets hot enough, it can ignite itself.
Electricity: Electricity causes severe fire damages. When an electrical circuit becomes overloaded, it begins sparking and causes fire into the contents of the building and surrounding. Electric heaters are a concern during the winter if they are placed near clothes and flammable objects. Over heated plugs, sockets and the blown fuses can also start fire. Also “Lighting” can ignite the fuel. If the lighting having intense heat strikes any fuel, it sets the object on fire.

Chemicals: Flammable chemicals can cause the fire. Fire may break out during chemical experiments made in the labs. Household chemicals such as turpentine oil, floor cleaners or insecticides may get ignited when they are left carelessly. An open can of flammable liquids such as varnish, petrol, kerosene oil etc. can result into dense fire.

See More: to read more about the fire proof home

For more info :

No comments:

Blog Information Profile for GunjanUtraja